So, I think we are taking a step in the right direction. But I don't think that this reform will magically solve every issue in our health care system. With 30 something million more people that have access to insurance comes a greater need for physicians, and while there is already a shortage, this clearly worsens the issue! Wait time to receive medical care will increase, which makes me nervous. Also, will doctors have time to see patients who come without serious or pressing issues? What about patients that just want to see their doctor for consultation purposes? I am also nervous as to how the government will handle insurance... just look at social security...
However, I do think that everyone should have access to health care insurance. It will be interesting to see what supplemental changes will be made in order to make this reform work. As it stands, this policy has blatant issues, which Americans have clearly addressed! But I don't think this will be the last of the health care modifications we will see from Obama in the next four years... lets hope so at least! I think it's clear that I am nervous about this change, but change is good. If this does turn out to be a one trillion dollar mistake, however, I wonder what the repercussions will be...
Update: Here's a link to an interesting article I found via Twitter, states ten immediate benefits. This may make some of y'all feel a little better :-)
Update: Here's a link to an interesting article I found via Twitter, states ten immediate benefits. This may make some of y'all feel a little better :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment